Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy Thyroid & Space Food

I have an update about my thyroid. Sure enough, it's a happy healthy thyroid. I guess this means I have to hope my metabolism kicks in soon. Until then, and after then, I'll keep working out and watching what I eat. Hopefully, all of this work will start paying off soon. Sometimes it feels like it's all for nothing, but I also see huge changes in the amount of muscle I have and I feel stronger. But I still can't wait to be a size 6 again. It's like, wait wasn't I that size like 4 months ago when I quit nicotine? Oh, yes, I was, so hopefully I will get there again soon.

Husband's anniversary present came in yesterday. His birthday was less than 2 weeks before our anniversary, so I really wasn't sure what to get him. Luckily, a friend tipped me off to thinkgeek.com. Husband loves astronomy, so I got him some astronomy themed presents. They had a funny shirt with a sad astronaut dragging a space shuttle, and they had a pack of space food. Husband liked the shirt, but said it made him sad. He had never tried space food, so it was fun to watch him try the freeze dried ice cream sandwich, strawberries, and cinnamon apples. He liked them, but I don't think he'd want that for his meal everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment