Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Insidious


 

Okay, so I watch a lot of movies, and I realized that maybe I should blog about them, since I'm trying to blog/journal or blournal or whatever you want to call it.  Husband and I rented Insidious from Redbox tonight. What a creepy movie. Unexpectedly good. I would say this one was as good as Paranormal Activity. I don't normally jump while watching movies, but this one had me creeped out and jumpy.  However, I will admit that I find clowns creepy, and this movie had a creepy character similar to a clown (see below):

 

So creepy! If you don't think he is creepy, then I don't have any idea of what kind of creep level you need, except maybe Saw 1 - what ever number they are on now.  As to the plot, it was interesting, but somewhat predictable.  Stuff banged around all over the house and really creepy stuff happened and no one questioned it for much longer than one would think a normal person would tolerate it. For example, you see people breaking into your bedroom and your security alarm goes off. Do you simply go back to sleep, or do you call the cops? So, anyway, they ignore lots of creepy things going on, until the wife figures out there is something other worldly going on, and they move. But wait, there is more. The creepy stuff follows them. So, then what? They get an expert to come help...hmmm, sounds familiar.  And just as predictably, once the expert arrives things suddenly get much more creepy and the spirits come out in full force. Perhaps we saw this happen in Paranormal Activity 1 and 2. Yes. But it does deviate from Paranormal Activity at this point, but I won't tell you how so. I don't want to give away the entire plot. Have fun. Watch this creepy movie. It was worth the $1.06 we paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment