Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Crazy Gainesville Preacher & 3D Zombies?

I have lived in Gainesville for approximately a month now,  and it has already had "events" drawing international attention. I think pretty much everyone has heard about this crazy preacher Jones who wanted to burn the Quran. Well, he finally backed down, so the town was pretty peaceful Saturday evening. However, picking up a pizza a couple miles away did take over 45 minutes due to the massive ingress of 1000s of football fans for the UF v. USF game.

I attended my first sporting event at UF this weekend--women's volleyball. I knew UF fans went nuts for football, but that enthusiasm apparently extends to other sports as well. I think that they would go nuts for the badminton or chess teams. There were people wearing gator hats, tons of orange and blue, and even a guy in a head to toe orange and blue bodysuit complete with wig. It was so much fun, and as I am now a member of the "Gator Nation", I can share in the spirit of cheering for Gator awesomness. I look forward to attending more Gator sports events.

I also saw Resident Evil Afterlife in 3D this weekend. I've seen the other 3 Resident Evil movies in the theater, so I wasn't going to wait for this one to come out on DVD. There was not a ton of 3D action in it compared to movies like Avatar, but it was very good and worth the money to see it in the theater. In this movie some of the "zombies" and inside out dogs appear to have further mutated into semi plant/snake beings. And of course, in true Resident Evil fashion, the movie ended with a clear plot direction for a 5th movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment