Monday, September 6, 2010

Why Law Student #99999999?

This is my first blog on blogspot, so I thought I should start by giving a reason for my blog title. As a law student you are a number. You're a number when you apply to law school (LSAT + GPA), at finals time, when you get your rank (and then your number really, really matters), OCI... Your number affects which law school you can get into and which employers will look at your resume. You are 1 number in a sea of other numbers, and a very big sea it is.

Ok, so you know the reason behind the title. Perhaps I should give some very generic background. My law school application numbers were not so great (yes, learn from my mistake and retake the LSAT if you take it while sick and then see a huge drop in your score), so I went to a T4 for 1L year. I did well my 1st year and became one of the numbers toward the top of the list, so I transferred to a T1. I'm now in my second year of law school and am really enjoying it.

The law school life is extremely busy, so my posts will likely be very sporadic. I will try to come up with interesting topics to write about or just periodic updates about my progress. (However, most of these posts will probably be about law or law school, so if you hate the law or law students, you should probably go look at another blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment